I admit it: at times I can be overzealous. I am typically an All or Nothing person; I either fully commit or I leave it alone. I share the following experience with you to give you the push you need to achieve the next level of success in your life.
I was so excited to hear that my former Aqua Zumba teacher was subbing at the gym and I was able to rearrange my schedule to take her class. After a fun and exhausting workout, I decided to practice my swim strokes since I hadn’t for close to a year. The first attempt was embarrassing.
I simply was a fish out of water. If I have dived in, I would have drowned. I was mortified: how could I have forgotten everything I learned? How could someone that learned to swim like a fish and like it, suddenly not be able to swim at all?
The answer: YOU CAN’T. Despite the fact that my form and strokes were horrible, I couldn’t catch my breath and everything seemed so unfamiliar, the truth was I was simply out of practice. The same is often true for you in certain areas of your life.
5 Reasons Why It’s Okay to Dive into the Deep End of Life
- Practice makes Perfect. You cannot be a star athlete, or even maintain that title, without training. Nevertheless, perfection should never keep you from diving into the deep end. (Ever heard of on-the-job training?)
- It’s all about controlling your mind. In the above illustration, I only regained control and reactivated my gift when I took control of my thoughts. Alesha, you’ve got this; don’t worry about technique or speed. Pace yourself and do your best.
- This isn’t your first time. Diving in the deep end of life might sound extreme but, if you think about, this is not unfamiliar territory. The true problem is you’ve allowed past failures to cloud your reality.
- “Muscle memory” exist. From keyboarding lessons to various life activities, your muscles have memory. If you will step into position to reclaim your life, passions and dreams, all the lessons that you have learned up to this moment, will manifest along with strategies for implementation.
- You were born for this. We were born to take dominion, possess the land and have life more abundantly. Mediocre, typical, standard and playing it safe/small are not your destiny; you were created for greater.
The Bottom Line: You did not read this article’s title, or any of its content because you’re “average”. The fact that you’re looking at “the deep end of life” and contemplating your next move, means that it is time to jump.
If you need help to get out of your own way and make it happen, contact me:
No matter what you do, GET IT DONE!
Alesha Brown, The Joy Guru
Publisher|Best Selling Author|Transformational Speaker
CEO, Alesha Brown LLC